Imagine reading something that has you choosing to miss your bus stop, just so you can sit and finish a chapter, even though you know you’ll have to walk three blocks back the way you came in a snowstorm.
Have you ever had one of those aha-inducing, life-changing moments? When I started working for Training Business Pros, I read Brain Dead Offer #1, and the way that I thought about marketing shifted dramatically. However, it was a couple of months before I picked up Suggestology.
When I did, I was floored. BDO#1 changed the way I thought about business, but Suggestology changed the way that I thought about life. The book is on how you can get what you want by asking the right questions. It affected the way I approach my everyday dealings with people. I often find myself pausing, and shifting my speech to a more “Suggestology-esque” approach.
My favorite quote comes from Chapter 23: Leadership. Paul wrote:
“How do you create the perception of leadership if you have never been considered a leader before? Does someone come along and tap you on the shoulder and say, “Tag—you’re a leader now?” No. You must create that perception yourself. Yes, you will get a lot of help along the way if you take on this responsibility, but you’re the one who must begin the process.”
As someone who has grappled with the challenges of being a leader throughout my life, I found it fascinating to have it put in this context. I had done a lot of reading on leadership, and always found that it was something that was “entrusted” to you. However, that’s really a middle-management way of thinking. Someone above you trusts you to lead those already under them.
True leadership, however, comes from deliberate creation. A true leader inspires others to follow, and offers their followers a chance to share in their ability to do, be, or see more.
I asked Paul if he would mind me sharing a chapter of Suggestology with you, so you can see what I mean. You can view it at the link below.
You can also purchase the book here.
5 Really Easy Ways That Your Business Can Access Its Share of the Billion-Dollar Plus Canada Ontario Job Grant
The Canadian Government is starved for businesses to give away over a billion dollars in training money. This article will help you understand more about the grant, who qualifies and how you can get help immediately.
Every single year you and I have to pay taxes…
Well at least I think you do. It’s a really good idea to pay taxes for a number of reasons: not the least of which is all the services that we get back from our government that make our lives better. Some really obvious examples are; universal health care, roads and other public services, our education system and a whole bunch of other stuff we’d really rather not think about or get billed for.
If you don’t like paying taxes, or you think you pay too much taxes try to think about it this way; a friend of mine, actually my own personal accountant told me that the amount of taxes that you pay is a pretty good indicator of how much money you make. So the more taxes you pay, the more money you make. So if you’re worried about the amount of taxes you pay ,then just go ahead and make more money! If you’re not paying any taxes than that’s a pretty good indicator that you’re not making much money. We all have to do our part and as they say: the only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
I think it’s a really good idea from time to time to start thinking about other places that you can get some of your tax dollars back, or to put them to work for you. I mean wouldn’t it be nice to access money that can really help you?
That’s why I think the new Canada Ontario Job Grant is a fantastic program. Over the next six years there will be $192 million dollars dispersed through this fund to businesses to help increase the skills of the Canadian workforce. It’s a pretty simple concept really: if you want to earn more, then learn more. Especially in today’s data-driven, technology-based world, if your company wants to thrive then it’s not a good idea to bury your head in the sand and let the world of information and technology pass you by.
Are you still with me? I’ll get to the 5 ways to spend your share of a billion dollars in a moment….
My own company has received thousands of dollars from this fund to train our team on everything from first aid to leadership training. All you have to do is get a little creative and start thinking about the things that you, as the business owner or as the employee, could learn to increase productivity, save on your bottom line, build a highly skilled workforce or anything else that you can think of to make your company stronger. Those that continue the learning process will continue to thrive, those that do not will whither and die.
If you are not familiar with the Canada Ontario job grant and you do not know where to start or if you’re simply looking for more information, here are the top 5 places in Ontario that I’ve chosen to help you get started or simply to answer all your questions. It’s really nice to get a little help isn’t it?
Here are the TOP 5 Places in Ontario to help you spend your share of a billion dollars.
#5. The YMCA of Greater Toronto
For as long as I can remember the YMCA has been providing individuals and families incredible resources to learn how to swim, discover the outdoors, educate us on lifestyle issues and a whole range of other services that have enriched our lives. I myself first learned to swim at the YMCA in Brantford Ontario and my own son attended day camps in the summertime.
But did you also know that the YMCA administers several federal provincial and municipal funded programs. It works with a range of national organizations and gives a wide variety of government-funded employment and community services.
It is also a service provider for the Canada Ontario Job Grant. And it works directly with the Ministry Of Ontario’s Training Colleges and Universities. The YMCA’s mandate is to act as a go-between for you to apply for, and get approved for your share of the grant.
Our company Training Business Pros has worked directly with the YMCA to approve dozens of applications. They are simply a phone call away and are seriously committed to getting training funds directly into the hands of companies who need it.
Springboard is a registered charitable organization that helps the community in multiple ways to improve quality of life. It helps people develop skills they need to connect to their communities, find new opportunity, overcome roadblocks and even just to get inspired to reach full potential.
It provides services free of charge in areas of employment, justice, development services and community learning. And just like the YMCA it acts as a service provider for the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
As their website says, they connect people to possibilities and they’ve been doing it for over 40 years. How many organizations do you know that have lasted for over four years? They must be doing something right.
JVS is another nonprofit organization in Toronto who provides career and employment services for job seekers and employers. They’ve been doing it for over 65 years and last year helped over 21,000 people. If you ask me that’s a lot of people.
They have nine locations in Ontario to serve you. They also provide customized services for career planning, counseling and do evaluations and assessments for children and adults. They also act as a service provider for the Canada Ontario Job Grant. They have a long list of partners and sponsors who provide funding to their organization to keep it running smoothly. Some of their sponsors include Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust, KPMG, Bank of Montréal and a host of other donators.
#2. The Center For Education And Training
The Center For Education And Training or TCET has a solid track record of working with volunteer organizations and just flat out supporting the community. They work with organizations such as the Canadian Red Cross, Sick Kids Foundation, Daily Bread Food Bank and The CIBC Run For The Cure.
And according to their website they also assist employers with their Canada Ontario Job Grant applications.
Mentorworks is an independently owned and operated company in Toronto that provides seminars and information for a multitude of government grants. They have a proven track record of helping companies and individuals apply for and get approved for millions of dollars in government funding. When you check out their website, you’d be surprised at how many grants there actually are out there. Mentorworks helps show you how you can access some of that money.
We recently held a seminar in our offices for businesses who want to learn about all the different ways that they can access government funding to help grow their businesses. This of course includes the Canada Ontario Job Grant. They are experts in the application process and will guide you through every facet of your application and help you qualify.
Some of the applications for the various grant programs are extremely long and very few companies want to take the time to do it that’s where Mentorworks comes in. They put in applications on a daily basis for dozens of companies and truly know their stuff. If you are looking for a one-stop shop to learn about funding programs and how you can get some of your own tax dollars working for you I would suggest stopping by their website to see the many things that they do.
While it’s a good idea to check out all of the above five resources there is another way which is just as easy. You can talk to us. We at Training Business Pros are also experts in getting your application completed and approved for the Canada Ontario Job Grant.
We have administered hundreds of thousands of dollars of the job grant fund and have a 100% success rate to date for getting companies approved. The real reason why you might want to work with us directly is that we are extremely motivated to help you succeed in your business.
We not only help you get funding but we do the highest level of skills training in the entire country. Think about it this way: if your business needs to increase the skills of its workforce or you as the company owner need to increase your own skills then you’re probably looking for the highest quality training possible.
But you’re also probably thinking about the amount of time that it takes to send your employees for training or to take the training yourself. That’s why we are very good at what we do. Using advanced and accelerated learning methods our goal is to get you in for two or three days at a time so that it does not interfere with your work schedule. I mean really are you going to send your employees back to college or university? Probably not. You would probably expect your employees to have attended those institutions before coming to you.
Are colleges and universities really the best place to get training?
But let’s be quite frank: do our colleges and universities provide your employees with the most up-to-date knowledge and skills to compete in today’s information-based economy? Maybe. But what you can be assured of is that our company, Training Business Pros, never rests on what worked yesterday. We are constantly upgrading our own skills in areas such as advanced digital marketing, marketing automation, sales skills, presentation skills, leadership growth and a host of others.
One thing that clearly sets us apart as a training institution versus most colleges, universities and other training companies. We do not teach based on things we learn. We first implement, get measurable results and then teach our systems, processes and solutions to you. We don’t teach from textbooks and we don’t do case studies unless it is directly related to creating measurable and proven results. For example: our Digital Marketing and Sales Certification Course is easily the highest caliber of digital marketing training in the entire country of Canada. Why is that? Because we practice what we teach.
The Digital Marketing and Sales Certification Course is a 96 hour program over the course of six-months that will help you learn the four key areas of digital marketing that are currently working wonders for the businesses who employ these tactics. Those four areas are: massive targeted traffic generation, traffic to lead conversion mechanisms, lead to consult or leads to close automation, and the smartest most effective content delivery systems available.
Does your company need more sales?
Then might I suggest you contact us as soon as possible and find out how we can train you or your employees to meet the demands of today’s highly competitive business environment. And the good part is: we’ll get you the funding to pay for it.
Click here to see if you qualify!
**This blogpost is based on a recent webinar on sliders where I walk gold members through exactly why sliders don’t work and how to implement new strategies. Even giving you a few tools to make it so you can do it yourself, no web designer needed! PUSH HERE to find out more about Gold Membership. You will have complete access to the entire gold member archive when you join for the year.
Are you one of the many business owners or website administrators who has fallen prey to the image slider myth?
Until recently, web design “gurus” have promoted the use of sliders on homepages. Unfortunately, it’s recently been discovered that nothing kills your conversion ratings better than using an image slider.
Why do people use sliders?
They look slick. So slick in fact that we installed one on the new PaulTobey.com website. However when re-designing the Training Business Pros website we are not only not doing a slider but also going back and taking it off the Paultobey.com website.
Why are we so against sliders?
They are everywhere online right now just check out any theme directory website and you can’t help but trip over them over and over again. They look great, but you know what we love more than looking great?
That’s what it comes down to. I fell madly in love with all the fantastic sliding in and out and spin etc but NOTHING beats effectiveness no matter how great it looks.
There are very few things the online community (marketers, conversion specialists, usability experts etc) agree on and this is one of them.
Using an image slider WILL hurt your conversion rates. (How many people take the action you want them to take. IE opt in to your list, buy a product etc)
Why don’t they work?
- Banner blindness or in-attentional blindness is when someone fails to recognize unexpected stimulus in plain sight. You would be stunned at how much you don’t notice when you are focusing in on something else. Essentially this means that when you don’t expect something to happen your mind ignores the stimulus and scrolls down or navigates away.
- More often than not sliders don’t translate well to mobile.
- They push content down and hurt your google ranking (google likes when the content is at the top of the page).
- They water down your message.
Too Many Messages Equals No Message: People can’t focus on any one thing long enough to be convinced to do something about it.
The Numbers Just Don’t Lie…
If 500 people go to your website, typically you’ll have 5 people click on that slider. 3.5 of those will click on the first image slider. (That’s less than 1%)
From a conversion standpoint we are looking for at least 5 – 30%.
Something has to change.
What to do instead:
Here are a few examples of what you can do instead.
The Call To Action:
The Choose Your Journey:
If You Must Use A Slider (and don’t say I didn’t warn you)…
- Give the user COMPLETE control (no automation)
- Showcase options and keep then in the same context
- SIMPLE not overwhelming
- Don’t let the slide dominate the page
- Make the call the action on each the same or similar
- Don’t highlight special deals or offers or try to convert
Want to join us live for all of our upcoming webinars? Join our Gold Membership and access 2 monthly webinars, exclusive discounts on our events, members-only call in hours, and much more! Click here to find out more.
Did you know that the Federal and Provincial Governments just released a billion dollars to develop the skills of the Canadian workforce through the Ontario Job Grant? Their biggest problem? Finding workers and companies to invest in. That’s good news for you.
The Grant pays for two-thirds of all training costs, including required software and materials per employee up to $10,000. Best of all, they will also reimburse employers an additional $2,500 for paying their employee during the training period.
DEADLINE FOR OUR NEXT ROUND OF APPLICATIONS IS APRIL 1, 2015
How the Ontario Job Grant Benefits Employees:
Are you hoping for a promotion? Want to be an indispensable part of your company’s A-Team?
Here’s a simple step-by-step process that will set you on track to carving out your niche within your company.
- Choose a skill that would make you more valuable to your employer.
- Find a training program covered by the Ontario Job Grant to help you cultivate that skill.
- Have your employer read this article, which will convince them to apply for the grant.
- Put the skills you’ve developed into place, and boost your production within your company.
- Ask for a raise.
How the Ontario Job Grant Benefits Employers:
How would you feel about making more money than you did last year? One of the few things that the most successful CEO’s agree on is that you can’t do it all yourself: the key to a successful business is a strong team.
Can you think of someone on your team who, with a little training, could be a rockstar in your company?
Consider this: There is no such thing as the perfect employee. The good news is, thanks to the Ontario Job Grant, you can perfect them.
All of the training that is covered by the grant is practical, career-focused, and aimed at developing a more highly-skilled workforce.
Regardless of their role in the company whether it is drawing in new business, converting your leads into sales, improving your processes or presenting in front of a large group, they would likely benefit from having their skills polished through programs subsidized by the Ontario Job Grant.
So what’s the bad news? You’ll probably have to pay them more. But with their improved skills, they’ll be bringing in more money for your company, and you’ll be able to afford it!
Find out which training is right for you:
5 intensive training modules on digital marketing strategy using interactive channels to data mine, build a tribe or community around a brand, service or product and convert leads into sales.
Start your journey on the road to success as a trainer.
Infusionsoft training and implementation starts here. Learn how to build email campaigns, nurture sequences, conversion hacks and much more.
Digital Team Integration Certification:
Have our team spend two complete days assisting your team in a complete digital marketing make-over and train your team on how to use your new automated sales machine.
Sales Management Certification:
2-Day intensive training for sales management to improve team ROI.
CEO & Leadership Training Certification:
Different personality types produce different management styles. Learn from a Top-Tier CEO how to put your personal skills to use and become an effective leader for your business.
Hypnotic Copywriting Certification:
Develop your copywriting skills to aim them at digital conversions, opt-in, sales pages and emails.
For more information on our other certifications, contact the TBP team at 416-444-7767.
DEADLINE FOR OUR NEXT ROUND OF APPLICATIONS IS APRIL 1, 2015
Did you know that there are a ton of funding available through government grants for businesses in Ontario that are looking to scale up? You would be stunned at the amount of free money that is sitting around, waiting for you to claim it.
For all of these grants, the goal is to demonstrate that by receiving this funding, you would be improving your systems and processes to generate jobs, increase revenue or develop the Canadian workforce.
The grants that are available for growing businesses can be broken up into three key categories: Hiring & Training Grants, Manufacturing Grants and Business Expansion Grants. Check out the list below to see how much you can qualify for:
Hiring & Training Grants:
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Would someone on your team might benefit from sales, leadership, public speaking or marketing training? Do you think your business might benefit from having someone who is highly skilled in any of those fields?
If you’re an Ontario-based business with two or more employees, you likely qualify for up to $10,000 PER EMPLOYEE for training covered by the COJG. All provinces, other than Quebec, have similar funding programs available.
FedDev Ontario Payroll Subsidy
Are you a manufacturer with 10 or more employees? There is a grant that will pay 25-50% of your payroll to a maximum of a $50,000. You must be an Ontario-based manufacturer who exports your product internationally.
Co-op Tax Credit
Want to hire a highly-educated post-secondary student for a co-op placement? The government will provide funding for 25-30% of their salary up to $3000 per semester!
Summer Jobs Placement
Looking to bring in a summer student to add some youthful energy to your office? Apply for this grant to receive 50% of minimum wage for any new employees between 15 & 29 years of age.
Youth Employment Fund
$6800 in payroll subsidy and $1000 in training can be yours to offset the training associated with hiring a young employee without practical work experience. There is also no limit to the number of new hires your can apply for!
Digital Skills Youth Internship
Want to hire an intern? Pay them $16/hour for a job involving digital technology skills and you can have their entire short term placement covered by a grant!
Accelerated Review Process through IRAP
Looking for a massive increase in productivity to implement a new software or a marketing process? $50,000 in funding for 80% of your labour costs and 50% of the cost of hiring sub-contractors can be yours through this project-based grant! You must have 1-500 payroll employees, and have been incorporated for 2 years.
IRAP Research and Development for Mid-Sized Businesses
Planning a new project but need to do some intensive technical research before you get started? This grant will subsidize 65% of the process to a maximum of $140,000.
IRAP Business Innovation Access
Planning a large-scale product optimization? Process development? Market research? Access $50,000 in funding to pay subcontractors for third party research.
Work with highly-skilled Masters and PhD students to find the next cutting-edge avenue for your business. Receive $25,000 in funding to develop new intellectual property for your company.
Export Market Access
Want to tap into international markets? Imagine being paid for a business trip to expand your businesses’ reach. Manufacturers can receive up to $30,000 to showcase their business in tradeshows outside of Canada. This can cover booth costs, flights, lodging, meals competitive research, sale sheets and the creation of exhibits.
Investing in Business Innovation
Are you a startup using funding from a Venture Capitalist? Submit your term sheet and receive 50% from the government on a 0% loan to help you grow your business faster!
Have an idea to improve your manufacturing system? Companies with 15 or more employees can access $100,000 to a max of 35% of your total project cost to revolutionize your production process.
For more information about how to put any of these exciting grants to work for you, or to find out if you qualify Canada-Ontario Job Grant towards our Digital Marketing and Sales Certification, check out http://www.trainingbusinesspros.com/toronto/qualify.php.
Congratulations. You graduated! You slaved away for years in post-secondary schooling, racking up tens of thousands of dollars in debt. You then spent a few months interning, taking little to no pay in whatever entry level jobs you could get your hands on.
You cut your teeth, leverage your meager experience, put on a big smile in the interview and get the payoff: your first real job.
I recently went through this very same process, and along the way, I learned a few things that I’d love to share with you:
Don’t resist the fact that it’s not in your job description:
This is especially true in small businesses. When I started one of my first entry-level jobs, I was brought on as a copywriter. I had just finished a copywriting program and that was what I had experience in. Before long, however, my responsibilities had quickly evolved.
Don’t get me wrong, I still write for TBP (even as I say this, that’s what I’m doing). But as time passed my position organically developed. In my first two months, I realized I loved sales. So the team encouraged me, tasking me with more client relations and sales. Still involved with copywriting, they put me to the test in web design, human resources, administrative work, data entry, training and fetching coffee.
Here is the opportunity: you get to develop abilities you didn’t know you had. Who knows, you might discover you really enjoy something you initially had no interest in. Don’t define yourself as any one thing until you’re certain you can be the best at it.
Don’t let prior engagements get in the way of your new job:
One of our clients was looking for a writer. I had a friend who I thought would be a perfect fit. He accepted this position without informing his new boss that he had a freelance contract to finish up, before he could really commit to the new position.
When the new boss asked when he would like to start, my friend felt it was totally justified to suggest he start the following week. However, the boss interpreted this differently. Upon his failure to disclose this important information, it looked like he wasn’t eager about the new job, and this ultimately set him up for failure. In the end, the job dissolved.
The lesson here?
COMMUNICATE. If you have other things going on, be open with your new potential boss up front and try to find a work-around.
Don’t let work consume you:
Leave yourself time to do the things you love. Keep up with your hobbies. Make time to go to the gym. It’s amazing what a little bit of time management can do for you. You will soon come to find that watching a little less TV in the day makes a massive impact on your productivity.
I recently saw Brian Tracy speak at an event we organized. One of his most powerful quotes was that “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.”
Get your priorities straight. Trust me. You’ll feel better for it.
Do realize that it’s always an adjustment to bring in new staff:
Do you remember how anxious you were on the first day at work? You were probably excited to be starting something new, but there’s always a bit of hesitation about how you’ll fit in.
The person training you probably has the exact same hesitations. They’re probably used to doing a lot of your responsibilities themselves, especially if you’re being hired in a growing company.
What’s the solution? Demonstrate your eagerness to learn. Ask questions. Behave like an “A-player” and be “all in”. It will work wonders in the adjustment process.
Do accept that there’s no such thing as a 9 to 5:
Unless you’re a government or unionized shift worker, you usually won’t be able to predict your exact hours.
“A-players” do not watch the clock. If you want to advance in your company and get a promotion, you’ll have to earn the right. Roll with the punches! Being willing to stay a little later, or shift from working Monday to a day on the weekend goes a long way in earning cred with the boss.
Do treat everything as a learning experience:
Any entry level jobs allow room for error. You aren’t expected to walk into a CEO position. If you are unsure of how to do something, ask questions. It’s better to have someone take the time to walk you through it once, than for you to sit and struggle for hours to figure it out.
There’s no shame in admitting you are having trouble with something. The nice thing is, it’s only a mistake if you make it twice.
If possible, align yourself with a mentor. Find someone who will hold you accountable for your responsibilities, and coach you when you still have things to learn. It’s the key to becoming successful in any business.
Want to know how to hypnoticize your audience on your landing pages?
Check out our newest infographic on how to create Hypnotic Landing Pages.
You might be asking:
- What is hypnotic copywriting?
- How can you apply it?
- How can you hypnoticize an e-mail to get a higher click through rate?
“Hypnotic copywriting is intentionally using words that guide people into a focused mental state where they are inclined to buy your product or service.”
Some people have an overwhelming amount of activities and distractions in their lives. Using hypnotic copywriting on your landing pages can help you cut through the clutter.
How would you describe a fountain pen? In most cases people would describe it like this:
- A unique metal fountain pen with a built-in message
- Rugged metal construction
- Attractive design
- Replacement ink cartridges
- Batteries included
These are less than hypnotic ways of selling a pen. Try this:
“Imagine that you had a teensy-weensy masseuse to carry around in your shirt pocket. Any time you desired you could order your tiny masseuse to soothe your tired muscles and rub away your tensions. Now imagine this tiny masseuse had a pen sticking out of its head and ran on batteries.”
While you’re not likely to come across a miniature pen-headed masseuse, here is the next best thing: Introducing the world’s first massaging pen.
Notice the use of Imagery, solving a problem, creating emotion, visualization, anything that activates any of the five senses.
Hypnotic copywriting is salesmanship in print.
Five hypnotic tips that you can use right now to be more effective with your copywriting:
- Turn your headline into a question.
- Add a testimonial right beneath the headline.
The doors fell off when people rushed in to get their first taste of hypnotic copywriting secrets.
“Paul Tobey’s course gave me some tremendous insights into how I can better sell my products and services through valuable tips on hypnotic copywriting.” Joe Wishter
- Add in a hypnotic graphic that is on-strategy.
- When you write your content write it beginning with the word “imagine”. Other options include: “Visualize,” “picture yourself,” “try to imagine,” or “think about the first”
- Add a buy now button near the top of your webpage above the fold. “Having a buy now button increases your impulse purchases.”
Here are some more general rules about hypnotic copywriting:
- Grab attention
- Inform people that they are in the right place
- Build curiosity so that the only thing that they can imagine themselves doing is continuing to read
- Make sure that your writing makes people feel something and that it’s laced with emotion
- Use hypnotic connectors: essential, exclusive, ground-breaking, unearth, fascinating, massive, powerful, revolutionary, basic, expert, fast-forward, critical, calculating, skeptical
- The concept of metaphor: a metaphor is using words to describe something that people recognize to describe something that they don’t recognize.
E.g. Caffeine is like a loan shark what it lends you in the morning it takes back in the afternoon with interest.
- Proof “where do salt trucks for the city of Mississauga go when they need rustproofing?
- WIIFM: What’s In It For Me?
- If you’ve got a targeted audience use the Roundup formula. What is the Roundup formula? Call your targeted audience by name.
- ?’s are important to draw your reader in.
- 5W1H there are six marketing brothers who served me well and true. Their names are what and where and when and why and how and who.
- If …. Then… If you have this resource or time or money then you will get this…
- FREE, YOU
- “Punctuation!!!” It’s important to use it, and use it correctly.
- Think of the word computer, tree, stars, sky or pen. With each word, you will find it draws an image to your mind. This proves that people think in pictures.
- Formatting: Keep it clean. Keep it uniform.
- Yeah… Sure! “Never make your claim bigger than your proof.”
- Popular Phrases
- Bullet points “what does it do, how does it work and what is the benefit of what it does and how it works.
- Draw the reader in with hypnotic selling stories
- Use common language and colloquialisms
- I = B + C: Interest equals benefit plus curiosity
- Buy one get one free
- Avoid making them feel: “why should I care?”
- Use numbers. “30 ways to make your copywriting more hypnotic” 5 new hypnotic copywriting concepts
- Good copywriting is salesmanship in print
- The reason why I need it? The reason why you’re the best one to give it to me? And the reason why I should by now?
- Brain dead offers.
- Use “Because” in your writing.
How to hypnoticize an email:
Subject Line: under 4 words. Crazy. Emotion. Number.
The best formula we’ve found is to identify a problem, then include a “call to action” hyperlink. You follow that with an editorial about your solution, in two sections, solution and detail.
Example: When it comes to creating e-mails, many people struggle with how exactly to put a powerful hypnotic e-mails together.
Solution: In our next one-hour webinar you will learn five new hypnotic concepts as well as 30 tried and tested concepts that have earned well over 45,000 sales.
Detail: You may not realize it yet but when you register you’ll not only learn how to capture attention and interest on behalf of the reader but get most people to do your bidding.
P.S. (Powerful Statement) Choice statement.
“You know Charlie you really don’t have to do this today but think about this: Five minutes from now when you get busy, you may forget about it, so register before you do.”
This offers the appearance of giving them a choice, while instead it is further hypnotizing them and pushing the sale.
Follow these simple guidelines and you’ll be hypnotizing your audience on your landing pages in no time.
Correct me if I’m way off base here but aren’t most businesses constantly looking for exciting new ways to market and create sales? That is one of main purposes of business, isn’t it? To sell more of something?
Here’s the problem: if you’re looking scale up and make more money, you may not have the capital handy to reinvest in online marketing strategies for your businesses’ development. And for that you’ll need a solution.
Now… what if I told you that I could help your team learn cutting edge online marketing strategies and you wouldn’t have to pay for it?
You might not know this, but the government is looking to invest in training your employees. If you want to expand your business, or enhance the skills of your current staff, we can provide you a way of improving the ROI on your marketing efforts without increasing your ad budget.
Sounds too good to be true?
Not really… and here’s why…
Training Business Pros has recently become the only digital marketing training company approved for the new Canada-Ontario Job Grant. As long as you are in a company with 2 or more Ontario-based employees, the government will pay up to $10,000 per trainee to take our state-of-the-art sales and marketing courses and learn how to help you grow your business.
That’s why we introduced our new Digital Marketing and Sales Certification (DMS). This course will teach you or your employee essential online marketing strategies including: how to use interactive channels to market your product or service, increase traffic to your site, data mine, build a community or “tribe” around your brand, and convert more leads into sales.
You will save money on advertising by investing in more effective methods, stop spending money outsourcing your marketing efforts and use in-house online marketing strategies to attract new, highly-targeted leads.
So if you’re looking to expand your business, take advantage of this incredible opportunity today. It’ll go a long way to helping you develop your team’s skills and start growing your business.
And the best news of all is: my team will actually walk you through the grant approval process! Our grant approval rate is exceptionally high. So you have a really great shot at giving your business the boost it needs in 2015.
Our most recent Gold Member Webinar featured special guest host Rob Riopel.
For those who may not know, Rob has been quite instrumental in my becoming a trainer and public speaker and it is an honour to have him on the call with us.
We began our webinar by talking about mindset, which both of us agree that mindset is an integral part of the success process. Like Brain Klemmer used to say, “if have to’s were enough, we’d all be skinny rich and happy.”
While most people believe mindset is a good thing, especially if it prompts you to dream big, in many cases it is likely the thing that also holds you back! Rob encourages people to “Be in the driver’s seat!”
Rob talked about his experience with being unemployed and how he found a job at Dominos pizza and worked his way up to a managerial position and then eventually owner of 2 Dominos pizza franchises. However, even though this is a typical career trajectory of many people, he also became accustomed to spending more than he had and racked up quite a bit of debt.
That was when Rob found Peak Potentials. 9 months later he had gone from debt to retired and financially free. This all came from choosing to dream big and working towards those dreams. Financial freedom is a goal which many people strive for but very few actually achieve.
How did mindset play a role in Rob’s success?
The most important thing is to be in alignment with what you want. Most people are “too attached” to what they want and how they’ll get it. If you have too many attachments, you’re limiting your power.
Rob talked about his 5 step process to attracting more success and through our discussion we added to that list to make 9 rules.
- Dream big. (Nothing big ever got created with a small idea.)
- Give up any attachment to society’s rules. If you want to be a success do the opposite of what most people do.
- Develop accountability partners, who will keep tabs on you and motivate you towards success.
- Clearing out limiting beliefs. (I added this one.) Substitute those limiting beliefs by using mantras, books, pinch your thumb or snap your wrist with an elastic band when you have a negative thought… Whatever it takes for you to become self-aware!
- Find a mentor, and learn something new. Invest in yourself. (Volunteer if you have too)
- Once you dream big and learn, it is important to DO. Too much preparing can lead to not enough action.
- Celebrate your successes. Keep a success journal. Count your blessings instead of sheep. What you focus on expands.
- Try not to focus on others people’s success from the energy level of jealousy or envy. http://www.marieforleo.com/2012/11/deal-with-jealousy/
- BELIEVE in yourself and in your dreams.
The #1 biggest mistake that Rob made which is a lesson for everyone: You shouldn’t think that you can do it on your own. A support system is important.
One of the best support systems you can invest in is Amentora, a new software app which allows you to develop your dreams and work with accountability partners to actualize them. Recently launched at Paul Tobey’s Ultimate Wealth Weekend, the software is already changing the lives for many in the TBP tribe. You can get a fantastic deal on your registration at:
Rob’s final thought: Your success can only grow to the level that you do.
Have you ever had to write a book fast? Maybe you’ve been procrastinating for a while and now have to have a book ready for your next speaking gig or maybe you have to meet a publishing deadline. Whatever the reason for getting your book finished, I wouldn’t recommend giving yourself only 1 month but if you need to get it done fast here’s how to start writing a book today.
First thing I’d like to mention before we get into the specifics is, the only way to really write a book quickly is if you do not need to research your topic. If you do need to do research, then that will take a lot of time depending on the subject. But you could also think of it this way, if you need to do research then you might not know as much about the subject as you think you do. I would recommend this quick strategy for non-fiction books only. For example; I just finished my new book “Brain Dead Offer #1”, all 232 pages of it, and it only took 3 weeks to write, edit and print. But that’s because I knew the subject and had experienced it.
- Create an outline – Think about the content of the book and the order that the information should best be presented and create a table of contents with at least 15 chapters. The titles of these chapters do not need to be created, just the topics. So jot down a list of 15 minimum chapter topics. You may end up writing more or even less but at least it’s a good starting point.
- Find a proof-reader or editor – It’s a really good idea before you even start writing to find an expert to put your content into a readable format. Sure, you may need more that a proof reader for this, you may need an editor. Whatever you decide, do this early on because you’re going to submit your chapters 1 by 1 to them. Why? Because they will be able to provide insight and direction as you go along. That can be very helpful. They may make recommendations on content and context that you’ll need to push it forward quickly.
- Start with an introduction – Write a chapter on why your audience should read your book. If you just start writing, you may not have solidified in the mind of the reader what’s in it for them. If they don’t have a reason they may not stick with it. Also, if they pick it up on a bookshelf and scan the introduction it could very well put them in a mental state of buying. Your introduction should include the problems that you’re trying to solve as well as some background information on how you came to create your solutions. The best way to do this is to write a story. Stories are memorable, information is boring.
- Each chapter from that point on should contain content in an engaging and curiosity creating fashion. So, start each chapter with the problem. Then move on to bullet point solutions. Each subsection or bullet point as it were, separates your ideas and allows the reader to absorb them in bit sized chunks. How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time. Therefore your information should be separated into mini “how-to” sections that are consumable and interesting.
- The more stories you put into your book, the better it’ll work. Audiences love stories. And, because your stories are likely real life examples of what you’ve experienced they take up a lot of space. Therefore it’ll be easier to write lots of content because you’ll be explaining in detail your experiences. Think about explaining things in terms of what you see in your head. Take them through the details of your experience. Names, dates, places, description, occurrences, failures, pictures and details all serve to create imagery in the reader’s brain. Give it a shot you’ll love the detail that happens when you really picture the scenario in your head.
- Use other people’s stories. If you’ve helped others then simply ask them to write a thousand words about their experience. For example: if you’re a consultant and you’ve helped company XYZ make millions using your information and direction then get them to write that experience down and submit it to your proof-reader. The more writing you get from others, the faster your content will grow.
- Be inspirational and motivational. Even the most boring content can be made enlightening by lacing it with emotion. I like to use what I call “hypnotic-connectors” to accomplish this. Hypnotic connectors are words that evoke emotion such as: exciting, ground-breaking, revolutionary, exclusive, inviting, sensual, essential etc.
- Imagery – The use of imagery is essential for you words to be hypnotic. To capture the attention and the interest of the reader use words that help them visualize the concept. For example; imagine standing at one of a hundred bookshelves at your local Barns and Noble or Chapters bookstore. Of the hundreds of thousands of books in front of you, what are your eyes drawn to? Books that are shelved side by side so that you can only see the spine or books that you can see the entire covers? Books that get premium shelf placement are sold way more than books that don’t, would you agree? What just happened? I transported your mind to the local book store. That’s what I mean by helping the reader visualize. See how that works?
- Okay, this is the most important point; time management. As much as you may realize that your book won’t get finished until you sit down and do the work, you must also realize that there are several other activities and distractions in your life that will prevent you from doing it. So, here’s my recommendation; set aside at least 2 hours every day to write. Where will you find that time? Likely in the evening but anytime with do. However, you must find a space where you cannot be distracted by anyone or anything. In 2 hours you should be able to produce at least 4,000 words.
Therefore if you write everyday it will take you 15 days to write a book. If you add proofreading and editing time to that you’ll end up at around 3 weeks. Take another week to get your cover created and your liner notes and voila, you’re done. In order to set aside time you’ll have to be disciplined. It takes emotional involvement and repetition to get into it but if it’s important enough to you, you’ll do it. Real-world deadlines will help, but imaginary deadlines work well too. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard from people that they’ve been working on their books for a couple of years. Ridiculous.
- And finally, get yourself a version of Dragon Naturally Speaking. It will cut your writing time in half. It may take a couple of sessions to get used to but once you’ve got it you’ll never look back. Let’s face it, you can speak way faster that you can type and Dragon Dictation is very accurate. It conforms to your tone, pitch, volume, speed and accent. Once you’ve trained it, it rarely makes mistakes.
If you’d like to see this information be stretched out with more detail and put into a step-by-step format full book, then write your comments below and any questions you have and I’ll put it together in a few weeks and stick it on Amazon as soon as it’s done. I’ll even send you a message to let you know when it’s ready. And any suggestions you have about how to title the book would be appreciated. Maybe I’ll call it; “How to Start Writing a Book and Actually Finish It.” Happy writing.