The biggest problem that I see in websites today is that when somebody lands on your webpage, the bounce rate of those webpages tends to be 95% or higher within the first 30 seconds.
The answer to this dilemma is to create headlines that enroll and engage the visitor in 15 seconds or less and builds some very powerful decision-making processes in their own minds that gets them to keep reading. The best system that I’ve found on planet Earth for this to happen is to create what is known as hypnotic headlines.
Here are six ways to create a hypnotic headline that enrolls engages the visitor piques their interest and gets them to keep reading;
- The first thing you must do is grab someone’s attention. Do not let people mistake the prime real estate on your website for anything but a headline. It must be big, it must be bold and it must be centered top of the page so that they cannot miss it. If you want to connect with men use blue you want to connect with women use red if you want to connect with both audiences use black.
- Next, you must inform people that they’re in the right place. One of the best ways that you can do this is to use the same keyword phrase that they used to find you on Google in your headline. That tells them immediately that they’re in the right place.
- The only way that someone is going to keep reading is if you peek their curiosity. One of the ways to do this is; ask a question. Or, you could make a statement using a word that they’ve never heard before. Or you can talk about something that most people don’t talk about. Or you can paint a clear picture of something that is popular news.
- The biggest problem is that when people come to your website there are ultimately skeptical. They have very little trust for you yet, because you have not yet earned the right to talk about what you’re talking about. So what you must do first is to appeal to their sense of feeling. The way they feel is the only way to overwrite their skepticism and keep them open for what’s coming.
- There is also have a system called Roundup our audience. If you have a specific audience the best way to round them up and get them to pay attention is to call them by name.
- And finally its important to discuss the fact that people think in pictures. For example think of the word” whale”. What comes to mind? You may have thought of Orca or Marine land. The point is is that when you clearly use an object name people will associate that object with a picture in their own mind piquing their curiosity and painting a clear idea of what it is you want to state. Try not to overwrite their own picture with your picture because you’re impeding their natural imagination.
In the end it’s important to discover your own ability to create hypnotic headlines. There are obviously resources on the Internet in places that you could go to learn more. However, I would recommend that you explore our advanced Internet marketing course. In this course we talk about hypnotic headlines and hypnotic copywriting that not only enrolls and engages the visitor in the first 18 seconds but keep the interest for the entire duration of your content.
Because people can’t make decisions on your products and services without more information. And, they can’t get more information if they’re not curious enough to read it. In our next article we will talk about what are the five things that a good article needs to keep interest for a minimum of 400 words or 5 min. of their time. Have a great day.